Doctors do not always get it right, and when they get it wrong it can have permanent and expensive consequences. Even a simple check-up when performed inadequately could leave you in a position where you are entitled to compensation.
When a doctor’s treatment of a patient falls below the expected level of reasonable care, skill and diligence, this amounts to medical negligence. Examples of this is failing to:
- Properly diagnose a condition;
- Prescribe proper medication;
- Refer you to an appropriate specialist;
- Warn you of the risks involved in a treatment plan; or
- Carry out a procedure with a proper level of skill and care.
The world of medical negligence is complex, time consuming, and can seem daunting to the untrained eye. That is why we at Chamberlains tailor our strategy to suit your individual needs, to help deliver the best results as quickly as possible.