Join the Chamberlains family
Family Lawyer (2-5 years PQE)
Chamberlains is a nationally awarded full-service firm with a real difference. Chamberlains is dedicated to delivering excellent client outcomes and supporting its team members to specialise in their chosen area. You will have access to some of the most specialised and highly awarded legal directors in the country, with opportunities to learn, work and play in Canberra, Sydney, Perth, Newcastle and the regions. Chamberlains values success and rewards personal and professional growth. By joining Chamberlains you have the opportunity to position yourself for future prominence and development.
About the Position
We are looking for someone who is vibrant and enthusiastic to join our team. The role will include a variety of work, with a primary focus on family law litigation and matters running in the ACT. Possessing excellent communication skills, you will be a strong team player and have high organisational skills. You will also have a positive and energetic attitude and have the ability to take control and management of your own matters. The role will require you to appear in Court.
You will report directly to our Associate Directors to deliver exceptional client service in the area of family law. You will have excellent mentoring from highly experienced Senior Associates, Associate Directors and Directors who will assist you with your career development. The firm aims to provide a balance of supervision and autonomy to allow you to develop as quickly as possible.
On offer is an excellent remuneration package, and a career pathway for the future. If you are looking for a position which will offer you a challenge and opportunities to build your career in a growing firm, this is the position for you.
To be considered for this role you will:
- have at least 2 years’ experience in Australia practicing in the above areas;
- have an ability to provide a range of legal services for clients;
- hold a current practising certificate and be admitted or eligible to be admitted to the High Court;
- have experience appearing in the family law courts;
- have excellent computer skills;
- exhibit strong problem solving and time management skills;
- be motivated, dynamic, career-orientated and a team player;
- be prepared to travel interstate for matters where required;
- be professionally presented with initiative and superior communication skills; and
- have an interest in assisting with the firm’s business development strategies.
Please email your CV and cover letter to HR@chamberlains.com.au
If you can’t find a position that suits you, we love to hear from talented forward thinking individuals. If you would like to submit an open application, please attach your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com